1) Hold large-scale electronic hearings onsite with the capacity to effectively present evidence locally & reliably broadcast the proceedings around the world.
2) Conduct roving hearings in a variety of locations from community halls to local courts – all across Australia.
3) An intense hearing schedule – 72 weeks of hearings & 720 separate hearings – requiring rapid electronic courtroom deployment & hyper-efficient court book distribution.
4) Highly sensitive evidence & government level security requirements.
5) Intense international media scrutiny of the entire proceedings so immense pressure for the hearings to run smoothly.
6) High stakes & emotional involvement for all parties & the inquiry– deep-seated need to lead by example & create positive cultural changes.
1) Refit & build a bespoke electronic courtroom using leading audio-visual technology, web streaming & technical support.
2) Design a portable ecourt kit weighing over 1.5 tonnes, capable of being transported so it could be moved around the country – then set up and deploy this leading ecourt technology within days at each new location.
3) Manage an online court book repository which provides access to a shared set of documents for the parties & the legal team.
4) All evidence was controlled in a secure digital environment with strict access protocols and adherence to government security classification standards.
1) Home-based hearings ran faster & more efficiently after the bespoke ecourt solution was commissioned. The client effectively broadcast the hearings all over the world.
2) The client held formal public hearings in a variety of locations across the country, confident in the knowledge that a fully integrated electronic courtroom would be up & running by the time the legal team, parties & witnesses arrived.
3) The online court book procedure simplified the processes of serving documents upon the other parties & presentation of evidence in a hearing. The simplification reduced the timeline & therefore the costs of the hearings.
4) The client was very confident that all the evidence & documents were securely hosted in a digital environment that was safe from cyber-attack and complied with security requirements.
5) The client’s work was conducted seamlessly and showcased globally allowing its important work to have far-reaching effect.