icourts Pty Ltd [ABN 15 150 217 119] (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is an Australian law firm operating from offices across New South Wales and Victoria.
We provide legal support services for a range of practice areas, specialising in the provision of data and evidence management services.
1.0. WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In this policy, the term ‘personal information’ means information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Examples of the types of personal information which we collect include:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information from the following channels:
- directly from the individual;
- from a third party the individual has authorised to provide the information;
- from a client or a third party where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect it from the individual, such as your employer or other organisations with which you have contact or dealing
- in the course of legal proceedings such as from parties and witnesses
- from access our website and the content contained therein;
- communication with us through correspondence, email or through the form published on our website; or
- applications for a job or position with us.
2.0. WHY DO WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide legal support services
- to contact clients, business contacts and individuals associated with projects or business dealings with the firm;
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize our website, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notes, updates, security alerts and information requested by you;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; or
- to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop general consumer insight so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
3.0. TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses are transferred;
- professional advisers; or
- government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies.
4.0. SENDING PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
We do not send personal information overseas.
5.0. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We will hold your personal information in either our electronic databases or in our physical files. We use a range of IT and physical security systems to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
6.0. WEBSITE COOKIES
Our Cookies collect the following information:
- date and time of your visit;
- pages you access;
- type of browser you are using; and
- broad demographic information
This information does not identify you as a person but does assist to improve your user experience.
If you do not want information to be collected by our Cookies, you can use your website browser to disable their use. This may impact your user experience on our website.
7.0. COMPLAINTS AND CONTACT
If you want to access your personal information held by us, request a correction be made to your personal information or make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us:
- by post, addressed to:
Level 3, 27-31 Macquarie Place
SYDNEY NSW 2000; or
- by phone, 1300 443 433
Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Effective: 31 July 2017